SEAFARERS’ EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL RIGHTS
- Every seafarer has the right to a safe and secure workplace that complies with safety standards.
- Every seafarer has a right to fair terms of employment.
- Every seafarer has a right to decent working and living conditions on board ship.
- Every seafarer has a right to health protection, medical care, welfare measures and other forms of social protection.
- Each Member shall ensure, within the limits of its jurisdiction, that the seafarers’ employment and social rights set out in the preceding paragraphs of this Article are fully implemented in accordance with the requirements of this Convention. Unless specified otherwise in the Convention, such implementation may be achieved through national laws or regulations, through applicable collective bargaining agreements or through other measures or in practice.