PART II | MANDATORY STANDARDS
CHAPTER 4 | MARINE SAFETY INVESTIGATION AUTHORITY
4.1 The Government of each State shall provide the Organization with detailed contact information of the marine safety investigation Authority (ies) carrying out marine safety investigations within their State.
CHAPTER 5 | NOTIFICATION
4.1 When a marine casualty occurs on the high seas or in an exclusive economic zone, the flag State of a ship, or ships, involved, shall notify other substantially interested States as soon as is reasonably practicable.
4.2 When a marine casualty occurs within the territory, including the territorial sea, of a coastal State, the flag State, and the coastal State, shall notify each other and between them notify other substantially interested States as soon as is reasonably practicable.
4.3 Notification shall not be delayed due to the lack of complete information.
4.4 Format and content: The notification shall contain as much of the following information as is readily available:
1. the name of the ship and its flag State;
2. the IMO ship identification number;
3. the nature of the marine casualty;
4. the location of the marine casualty;
5. time and date of the marine casualty;
6. the number of any seriously injured or killed persons;
7. consequences of the marine casualty to individuals, property and the environment; and
8. the identification of any other ship involved.
Read More: III CODE