Q. On entry into force of the BWM Convention, what surveys will be required for an international ballast water management certificate?
1. An initial survey before the ship is put into service or before the certificate is issued for the first time;
2. A renewal survey at intervals of not more than five years;
3. An intermediate survey within three months before or after either the second or third anniversary sate of the certificate (replacing an annual survey);
4. An annual survey within three months of each anniversary of the certificate; and
5. An additional survey, either general or partial, according to the circumstances, after a change, replacement or significant repair of structure, equipment, systems, fittings, arrangements and material.
Read More: Q & A